Introducing the petfringe comedian of the year competition 2018
The petfringe comedian of the year 2018 competition has started, with the UK’s biggest individual comedy prize: £10,001 cash, winner takes all! The competition is open to all comedians with no restrictions!
- 7 Heat stages throughout the U.K.
- Heat winner plus one wildcard entrant will qualify for the final
- Set length of 10 minutes per entrant
- Each heat will be adjudicated by a panel of judges, taking into account audience reaction as well as material and delivery. Judges to include top comedian Mike Gunn, the local promoter plus a ‘lay’ judge.
- Qualification for heats to be decided by panel of judges. Video clip required to enter, no longer than 5 minutes in length.
- Acts muct be available for the final in Petworth at Petfringe on Sunday 8 July 2018.
- Deadline for entry Friday 16 February 2018. Heat qualifiers announced on Monday 19 February 2018.
- Monday 16 April – LONDON – Piccadilly Comedy Club @The Comedy Pub, Oxendon Street, SW1Y 4EE
- Monday 30 April – LONDON – Piccadilly Comedy Club @The Comedy Pub, Oxendon Street
- Thursday 10 May – BEDFORD – Gordon Arms, 118 Castle Road, MK40 3QY
- Monday 21 May – BRIDGEWATER – The McMillan Theatre, Lower Bath Road, TA6 4PZ
- Saturday 30 June – PETWORTH – Petworth Fringe Festival (venue tbc)
- NORTHERN VENUE AND DATE TO BE CONFIRMED SHORTLY
The final stage of the competition will take place on Sunday 8 July at the Petworth Fringe in West Sussex. If entering, please ensure availability for this day.
Enter below your with your availabilty and preferred venues.